About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our fast-paced, dynamic Technology Team, reporting into the Head of Development, with the opportunity to take ownership of the end-to-end development of products! This is a full-stack role, however it will be primarily frontend focused.
In this role, you will play an integral part of leading the software development of products, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of programs for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based and internet-related tools.
To succeed in this highly rewarding role, you’ll be a strong leader with excellent stakeholder management skill and not afraid to be hands-on when required!
- Responsible for overseeing the design, build, maintenance and deployment of the technology infrastructure to support BetMakers’ products;
- Build, lead and develop your own development team, to maintain the highest quality standards and develop their skills and achieve their full potential;
- Maintain and improve engineering processes, procedures and best practices to ensure a high quality for software delivery and maintenance;
- Lead and mentor your team in understanding their goals, roadmaps and key priorities throughout the development cycle;
- Managing technical delivery and helping build a delivery plan according to the product roadmap;
- Identify and manage security considerations for tasks undertaken by the team in conjunction with the security team;
- Record and document solutions and processes to facilitate learning and improvement;
- Have a strong working knowledge of cloud based solutions (GCP/AWS).
Why work for BetMakers?
As part of the BetMakers family, we offer a range of perks, including but not limited to:
- Learning and development opportunities, to set you up for success throughout your career;
- Deliver on meaningful work that contributes directly to the strategic vision;
- Regular team building and social events, we truly believe as part of the BetMakers’ family the key to success is building strong relationships with your colleagues;
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world;
- This role is a newly created, full-time permanent position in our Melbourne office with flexibility and hybrid working options available.
The Tech Team at BetMakers are a group of highly talented, innovative people, driven to deliver on our strategic objectives with our values and team culture at front of mind.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- 7+ years’ experience in software development including 2+ years’ experience in leading teams;
- Advanced React.js experience;
- Advanced CSS. We build our own design system;
- Strong understanding of build tooling and CI/CD experience;
- E2E automation testing;
- Demonstrated accountability for achieving release time line with a quality product;
- Experience in the wagering industry is strongly desirable.
- We are trusted and we do what we say, we think ahead and deliver on commitments;
- We are innovative and are continuously looking for out of the box solutions to improve;
- We are relentless and push through obstacles to achieve our goals;
- We are passionate, accountable and have each other’s back at all times!
Sounds like you? Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!
Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter via the apply now link.
To learn more about who we are and the work we do, please visit: www.betmakers.com
BetMakers Technology Group is an inclusive employer, committed to providing a safe workforce environment and encouraging applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the world we work with and live in.